Friday, January 11, 2008

Fully completed



I've finished the piece and placed it in the frame, which is a cigar box. I just love cigar boxes, as they are an art form in and of themselves. With this one I took the decorative trim from the bottom of the box, cut and collaged it to the trim to 'frame' the painting. Items that belonged to heavenly BooBoo can go inside the box underneath the painting, or placed in front. Yesterday I entered a painting into a gallery show, NYC W 4th, using a cigar box as frame, and it got some positive attention, due in part to the unique frame. So give those cigar boxes a try sometime!

2 comments:

Lisa Stein said...

Very cool Janet. I couldn't wait to see the final, I knew you would do something special with the frame/box! Love it, the heart on the cover is great with pawprint! Beautiful! Good luck with the show.

I love cigar boxes, collect them. Have used photos on the inside lid and filled box with sand and used to burn candles. Will have to get out some cigar boxes and go to work! Thanks for your inspiration.

Unknown said...

Did you end up smoking all those cigars? Ha-cha-cha!

Looks great Janet. It almost looks like you added a varnish to the box. Did you add anything to it, or is this just my imagination?

jR